30/11/2017

Back to World of Twilight

I had quite a lot of World of Twilight minis in the painting queue, it was time to put my hands on them. I've started with the Dompaku:

Also known as giraffephant
The leg joints (the two left legs) were too evident, so I've sculpted some ropes and pendants. If you don't look too close you won't notice :)
I took a different path than the other one I painted. I made this one in light colours and no pattern on the back. The only touch of vibrant colours is the crest:


Then, the riders:

Huey, Dewey and Louie, WIP stage
The final result looks like this:





A real beauty, the Dompaku is one of the finest sculpts in all the Twilight ranges. At least is one of my favourites. I'll be painting the rest at a slow pace, as I'm currently embarked in a few projects (of which you will have notice quite soon); but for the moment this is it. Hmmm... Does it qualify for Dinovember? :D

16 comments:

  1. Wow - I have neglected the Twilight range, but looking at your Dompaku, I see I have some catching up to do.


    You did just a gorgeous job on them, Suber. The bright colours really show off all the painstaking detail work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The whole World of Twilight universe is enormously evocative, go have a look. I've painted more of these minis before (have a look at the label) and they all are enjoyable.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! The minis are sweet, that makes it easier!

      Delete
  3. I must confess to being very confused for a moment, thinking you'd suddenly taken an interest in sparkly vampires.

    Those look lovely. Like they've just crawled out of a Brian Froud illustration. Might I suggest, you try another few shots with slightly more diffuse light? There's obviously a lot of work gone into the model, but the lighting in the last two pics is quite harsh and it's washing it out a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! Talk to the marketing & branding dpt :D

      I'm afraid you are right about the pics. The naked truth is that I simply suck at taking pics, I have to learn quite a thing or two... :(

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! I still have prenty more (glups!)

      Delete
  5. wow!
    me encanta!! Muy buen trabajo y seguro que queda genial con el resto de aliens que has hecho para el grupo! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Gracias! Las minis son geniales, te dan todo el trabajo hecho :)

      Delete
  6. I really like both of these. The concept of a beast with multiple riders is nice and alien (howdas on elephants notwithstanding), and the bight colors of the riders is really striking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they are cool concepts indeed; almost anything you try on them will work :)

      Delete
  7. You really nailed the skin tone on that lumbering beast Suber. The whole thing, completed, looks brilliant.

    Awesome stuff mate :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! I wanted to explore that kind of skin tone, as opposite to the previous one I had painted. The sculpt is inspiring, it’s been highly enjoyable :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Suber ... the work you must've put in to bring out all the little details. Wonderful stuff sir! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think the beast is a beauty ;), I really enjoyed the tiny details here and there :)

      Delete