New installment in the 'on a budget' series :D
Today I have the invaluable collaboration of the missus, who generously donated this empty can of hairstyling whatever-the-thing-is to the cause.
|The other element is a tap of a cologne can. No product placement|
|Card, MDF leftovers, whatever|
|General overview of the original idea|
|We're finally coming to something|
Right. I didn't like what I saw. The piece in white gave me the vaporator vibe I was looking for, it was more Star Wars -ish to my eye, if that makes any sense. In colour... not that much. I felt I had to paint it white again!
Funnily enough, having primed it three times, it now has an interesting texture. It helped weathering to look more natural. Weird.
OK, after final details, this is whay I got:
|Still uncertain of its purpose. Let's stick to the moisture vaporator theme|
|It looks shabby enough to fit on any RT setting|
A couple of close-ups:
|No, I don't know how to operate that|
|I was just about to pull that handle and run|
|Now I have to think about storage issues, ahh.....|
|You couldn't say what's a miniature and what's not|
Ahem, let's call that a moisture farm and let it be over.
The whole process has taken no more than a few days of actual work, but they were spread along a few weeks. I kind of like the result, I may have to build a full complex in the same fashion...