25/11/2015

Hail Hydra!

As promised, here you have the DUST Axis Infantry (with a twist!).


I must confess these were even more enjoyable than the SSR ones. I had to face the choice of going comic-style or movie-style. I chose the latter, and I think it was for the best.
 
Incredibly blurry pic

 
Dark green uniforms with red trims and black armour pieces. If only he guns were a little bit more pulp...
 
No, that guy is not from the gas station
 
 For the heavy armours I chose the grey pattern, as I thought they looked better. Strict black was too dark and made them lose detail visually speaking.
 
I love these. They are all I could expect

These are charming too, they look like some kind of Hydra A-Team

When I learn how take decent pics I'll make these look better

 
So this is the infantry! Now I still have both walkers from the core box (Allied and Axis SSR and Hydra) left.

Anyway, as I told you, bonus! I just came over the same process I followed with the SSR. I also painted the German guys from the Bolt Action Normandy Starter Pack, including their special leader mini.
 
Mass production painting is my friend

 
So, when I put these along my other Germans, this is what I get...
 
Some nice numbers for a decent skirmish
 
I have just primed both walkers, so I hope they will be ready for next week :) More stuff coming soon!

8 comments:

  1. They look suitably dastardly to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! :D I believe they'll do their part :D

      Delete
  2. Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! These were somehow more enjoyable than the SSR guys, though the colour scheme was by far much more difficult to achieve, I feared they all looked just black with no detail whatsoever...

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks!! I believe they have some scary vibe that makes them appealing :)

      Delete
  4. This is such a cool project. Ironman, Hydra, all of it looks great, it is the perfect weird war ii setting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm enjoying it, brings me some silly fun, cannot ask for more!

      Delete