27/02/2014

Sci-fi cars

Quick update today with few pics, as I'm not painting as much as I would like these days.

One of the things I should take a little more care about when gaming is scenery. A proper game needs proper ambientation. It's not been since recent times that I have been purchasing and converting scenery pieces to make my battlefields a little more attractive. Among my long term ideas is building up some decent urban setting, so I need some sci-fi buildings and stuff. I have a few crates and things like that, but that doesn't even begin to cover my needs.

As my buying list is quite a mess random, I lack any priority when it comes into purchasing cool stuff. So, though you may legitimally be expecting some buildings, you won't have them today, sorry. They will come, that I promise, they will come...

Anyway, cars are also part of any decent urban scenery, so I'm bringing you a couple of them for today. Some time ago I got this one from Antenocitis (a real must see web):
 
Glamourous futuristic car
 
Applying yellow was a total pain in the **s, but the sports car looking deserved it. If I was to paint it again I would for sure try another different scheme, but it works for now.

Besides this one, I recently purchased a second hand sci-fi car by Scotia Grendel (I guess they don't even need any introduction). I tried a different approach for this one:
 
Sports car with a machine gun. Welcome to the future
 
The white & orange scheme was something I was eager to try, and this was a nice opportunity. The machine gun suggested any kind of enforcement vehicle, but I didn't want to make it a police car or anything like that, but the corporate concept looked appealing to me. I thought of painting any corporate logo on the side, but I was too lazy for that, I just painted a number and let it go.
 
Not sure if sports cars or police cars in disguise
 
I still need to buy tons of scenery; I have a few mdf laser cut buildings patiently awaiting for their moment to come, and I am constantly seeing new options... I'd really like to get my hands on them! Whenever I manage to build them up, I'll keep you updated!

9 comments:

  1. Wow they both look great the Yellow one I though was amazing but the white one is just even better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The Antenocitis one reminds me of movies like 'Minority report', 'I robot'... that kind of movies. However, the Scotia Grendel one is just taken from 'Blade Runner'. It's nice seeing they both fit in a generic sci-fi setting :)

      Delete
  2. Looks really good.
    Greetings .

    ReplyDelete
  3. El blanco y naranja es sencillamente espectacular. Me encanta!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Muchas gracias! Ya digo, me apetecía probar el esquema y me ha gustado, creo que repetiré en el futuro.

      Delete
  4. Geniales esos coches Suber, yo tengo dos iguales esperando ser pintados... pero mira, no saco el tiempo.
    Esos cristales son espectaculares, ¿podrías contarnos cómo los haces?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Muchas gracias! Uso los azules de Vallejo. Desde el más oscuro voy iluminando poco a poco. De palabra no queda muy allá, a ver si preparo un paso a paso con fotos :)

      Delete
    2. Me apunto tus palabras!! :P

      Delete